1. After the installment wearing the prosthesis can be uncomfortable at the beginning. First two weeks after the prosthesis is made are the hardest and your mouth has to get used to the situation. It is recommended to drink lots of wark beverages so that the mouth adjust better to the new object. You should also practice eating and diction
2. You can leave the prosthesis in your mouth for the night, but you also have to give prosthesis free time to let mucosa rest. If the prosthesis is not in the mouth you should keep in a moist environment. There are special prosthesis boxes for that. Otherwise the prosthesis material will dry, weaken and can change shape. You can also keep your prosthesis in a moist napkin.
3. Prosthesis needs to be cleaned twice a day. They have to be washed under flowing water with special products that help to disinfect. If necessary a special soft brush can be used. You should be especially careful with the prosthesis clamps area. You can buy care products from our clinic or from pharmacies.
4. During the first days after the prosthesis installment you should only eat soft foods. Prosthesis can chafe the mucosa in some places in which case you should put, for example calendula oil, on the irritated area. Your dentist will cal you in for a check up in couple of weeks to check your hygene and how have you been getting used to the prosthesis.
5. The removable prosthesis should be shown to your dentist once or twice a year. Oral anatomy is constantly changing and prosthesis might need to be corrected.